Subsea Engineering Focal Point
Poste et missions
What’s the role –
The Subsea Engineering Focal Point is accountable for providing subsea engineering and operational support for the Gulf of Mexico offshore oil production platform they are assigned.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
The Subsea Engineering Focal Point will be the subsea engineer to the offshore platform they are assigned and a member of the Subsea Functional Team. They will be accountable for contribution to the offshore platform goals that relate to the subsea and pipeline asset class…essentially all equipment below the water and above the mud that is not part of the actual structure of the offshore platform.
Engagement with the Offshore Platform Staff to Provide Visible and Felt Support
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support for all subsea systems, focusing on regulatory compliance, process safety, production attainment, and competitive financials.
- Utilize the Shell Deepwater Gulf of Mexico Asset Management System:
- Leverage visual management to focus on subsea related unscheduled deferment and operations technical surveillance “wins”.
- Utilize standard work to focus on operations technical surveillance, root cause analysis (RCA), technical assurance, safety critical action items, management of change, asset and system optimization, manage threats and opportunities, and offshore platform specific business improvement items.
- Follow Shell subsea and pipeline processes by leveraging the discipline tools (leak detection, annual asset integrity reviews, integrity management, historical anomalies database, subsea operating guidance, evergreen document management, etc.)
- Utilize the RCA problem solving process.
- Provide routine operations technical surveillance support to assigned offshore producing platform. This includes but is not limited to:
- Utilize our “Proactive Technical Monitoring Surveillance Process” and mature the use of our operations technical surveillance tools (OSISoft PI Process Books/PIVision, automated surveillance algorithm alerts, etc.).
- Focus on reducing Subsea related deferment by identifying and mitigating deferment leading events, sharing learnings with the subsea team, and implementing best practices from other platforms.
- Collaborate closely with the platform’s other operations support engineers from other disciplines to identify operational constraints & reliability risks to develop cost effective practical solutions to drive improvements to safety, reliability, unscheduled deferment, and costs.
- Participate in the Subsea Engineering team meetings and platform operations support engineering meetings (daily production, control room, optimization, scheduling, threats and opportunities management, management of change, and root cause failure analysis meetings).
- Work with operations to provide monitoring, troubleshooting, mitigation, and training guidelines to drive continuous performance improvement towards Safety Goal Zero, availability targets, and production targets.
- Drive root cause analysis and implement appropriate solutions to prevent reoccurrence of incidents.
- Perform technical reviews of Management of Change (MOC) proposals and execute implementation tasks.
Support Subsea Projects and Interventions
- Work with greenfield and brownfield project teams to deliver new subsea wells, flowlines, umbilicals, and associated systems. Interface from design to start up to ensure operational requirements and constraints are considered by projects.
- Support abandonment and decommissioning of subsea wells and facilities through compliance with regulatory requirements and approvals.
- Support commissioning and startup of new assets and brownfield projects.
- Implement small subsea projects (defined as requiring no more than 2-man weeks of engineering time) – project management, design and safety review, management of change, installation, testing, and commissioning.
- Work in conjunction with subsea inspection and maintenance team to define, engineer, fund, identify hazards, manage change, and execute marine service vessel interventions or topsides projects that address regulatory compliance, reliability, availability, or integrity of the subsea system.
- Assist in the development and use of meaningful key performance indicators relative to the discipline.
- Participate on incident investigation teams.
- Promote consistency and improvement across Shell’s Gulf of Mexico portfolio.
- Create and maintain an environment of inclusion that respects and values individual differences and is aligned with Shell’s core values.
- Commitment to health, safety, and protection of the environment:
- Supports Shell’s commitment to personal & process safety by complying with programs regarding health, safety, and protection of the environment
- Demonstrates safe work practices, takes part in safety meetings as required, and advises relevant personnel of any non-conforming conditions
- Performs other projects / tasks / duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
What we need from you –
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis.
- Engineering Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with minimum 3 years work experience.
- Ideal candidate will have project or operational experience working with subsea equipment. Must at a minimum have experience with projects or operations in a technical capacity whether in other areas of oil and gas or different industries.
- Ability to accomplish goals which require resources outside span of control.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities to build ownership toward the business and maximize results delivery.
- Communicate effectively with management, external bodies, and all level of employees.
- Work through others to achieve results.
- Identify and implement effective courses of action to complete work and ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines.
- Manage projects and processes effectively.
- Must also be an excellent team player. Must be able to mentor, coach, and inspire less experienced team members in own sphere of competencies and integrated areas.
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as needed and work extended hours as appropriate.
- Offsite and offshore travel required.
- Compliance with Shell COVID Vaccine Policy.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.